Star son's get ready for their big Bollywood debut in 2013
The year 2012 saw a lot of young brigade making its entry into the glamour industry.
Actors like Arjun Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra, Ileana D'Cruz, Esha Gupta, Amy Jackson and Sunny Leone made their Bollywood debut this year and wooed the audience with their performances and earned rave reviews.
While 2012 proved lucky for these young stars, there are many more in the queue waiting to try their luck in the tinsel town.
Here's a list of star son's going to make their big Bollywood debut next year:
1) Tiger Shroff - If reports are to be believed, then son of actor Jackie Shroff, Tiger Shroff, could be the one making his Bollywood debut next year. Reports suggest that Tiger's training is complete and B-Town's famous director Subhash Ghai wants to cast him in the sequel of the 1983 film, 'Hero.'
Sources suggest Bollywood's Mr Perfectionist, who is mentoring Tiger these days, can offer him a launch pad into Bollywood under his production house.
If rumours turn out to be true, then 2013 could be an important year for Tiger.
2) Karan Deol - Who can forget the famous dialogue from the1993 film, 'Damini' - "Ye dhai kilo ka hath kisi pe padta h to wo uthta nhi...." and also the man who made it so memorable, Mr Sunny Deol. While Sunny may be away from silver-screen for quite some time, but the New Year might see his son, Karan Deol making his Bollywood debut.
Actor Sunny Deol, who already made an announcement this year to launch his son in 2013, says that he'll be directing Karan for the first time. All Sunny and Karan are waiting for is the right script to make the first move and chances are this could happen in 2013.
3) Siddhant Kapoor - In the race of big Bollywood debuts, actor Shakti Kapoor's son Siddhant Kapoor is also in the queue. But, luck seems to be favouring Siddhant as he has alreay got a role in Sanjay Gupta's 'Shootout At Wadala'.
The newcomer will be seen in a negative character in the film which will hit theatres in May next year.
Siddhant has also bagged another role in Anurag Kashyap's upcoming film, 'Ugly', which means this young lad is going to give a tough competition to many others dreaming to make it big in the Bollywood.
4) Ram Charan Teja - Another star son getting ready for his Bollywood career is South superstar Chiranjeevi's son, Ranm Charan Teja. Already a established actor down south, Teja Junior will be making his Bollywood debut with the remake of 1973 film, 'Zanjeer' with the same name.
The film will be directed by Apoorva Lakhia and will also star established Bollywood actors like Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt and Sonu Sood in the lead roles.
Apart from star son's there are two more actors who will be seen competing for the top-spot in Bollywood.
5) Dhanush - Well known as the 'Kolaveri Di' boy, Dhanush is all set for his Bollywood career next year. The actor-singer will be seen opposite Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor in the upcoming film, 'Ranjhana.' The shooting of the film is almost complete and it will release on June 28, 2013.
6) Sushant Singh Rajput - Famous as 'Manav', Sushant Singh Rajput became a household name after appearing in the TV serial, 'Pavitra Rishta.' The actor left his television career to live his Bollywood dream and will test his fate next year when his much awaited film, 'Kai Po Che', based on Chetan Bhagat's famous novel - 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' will hit theatres.
So, as 2012 is going to say good-bye soon, lets see which of these newcomers shine on the silver screen in 2013. (Written by Lovely Mehrotra)